My beta (my husband) isn’t working out as my beta.
Since he spends a lot of time wrangling my kids so that I can write, his schedule is pretty full and since y’all can’t watch my kids and leave him to the betaing, I’m searching for volunteers…
A lot of y’all have volunteered in the past, even if it was just so that you can read the chapter a wee bit early 😉
What I’m looking for:
- typographical, grammatical, and logistical corrections…
- input about mood and tone (i.e. Eric is 1000 years old, so his phraseology wouldn’t be the same as Sookie’s)
- continuity FUs (fuck ups)
- opinions about conversational flow and feeling (I want to make sure things are getting across correctly)
- your overall opinion of a given chapter
- quick turnover (I like being able to post quickly)
To let me know if you’re interested in loaning me your red pen, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and let me know which story you’re interested in betaing so that I don’t send you chapters to a story that you don’t like/read. And make sure you let me know how to list you as a helper 😀
I’ll be ‘hiring’ more than one volunteer per story, because I’ve learned that I’d rather hear about the same there/their/they’re confusion 10 times than miss it. Plus… back when hubs and carolinagirl were betaing in tandem, they would pick up on different things I wanted to fix on more than one occasion.
I’ll email you a chapter, you use the ‘comment’ feature of MSWord to make your notes, then email it back.